Sunday, March 10, 2013

As promised here are my findings at the Dallas Quilt Show...
Comme promis, voici mes trouvailles au quilt show de Dallas...


I bought some flannel for a future quilt for my oldest son, a pretty packet of 4 different fabrics in pink, as I do not have much of a selection in this color, a packet of Lynette Anderson's Christmas ribbons to make pretty bags for Christmas (a to-do project), a mini charm pack for my little sunbonnets, a charm pack with soft colors, and, last but not least, a beautiful layer cake of the new collection Winter's Lane fabric. I was completely taken when I saw this fabric and after hesitating and continuing on my stroll of the vendors booths, I just HAD TO go back and buy it!

J'ai acheté de la flanelle pour un futur patchwork pour mon fils aîné, un petit paquet de 4 tissus roses,    car j'en ai très peu dans ce coloris, un paquet de rubans de la collection Noël de Lynette Anderson pour coudre des petits sacs cadeaux (projet à venir), un mini charm pack pour mes petits sunbonnets, un charm pack dans des couleurs douces, et le plus beau, un magnifique layer cake de tissus de la nouvelle collection Winter's Lane. Cela a été un véritable coup de coeur quand j'ai vu ces tissus et après avoir hésité et poursuivi ma découverte des stands, il a FALLU que je retourne les acheter!



One vendor was showing particularly pretty little quilts with hand-dyed solid fabric as the background for small prints (we were not allowed to take photos...) One thing I have learnt from this booth however is that I should try and dye some fabric in strong black tea to use as my plain fabric with soft colored scraps. The overall effect is very soft and has a timeless quality.
I really have to try this... 
If some of you do, do not hesitate to send pictures!

Un des vendeurs exposait des petits patchworks très jolis avec du tissu uni teint à la main comme fond pour le piécé de petits imprimés (il était interdit de prendre des photos...) Une chose que j'ai donc apprise de  ce stand est que je devrais m'essayer à teindre du tissu avec du thé bien corsé et l'utiliser avec des restes de tissus dans des couleurs douces. L'effet d'ensemble est vraiment très beau avec des tons doux et cela donne un aspect un peu vieilli qui ne se démode pas.
Je dois absolument tenter l'expérience...
Si certaines d'entre vous s'y essaient, n'hésitez pas à m'envoyer des photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I'll try to reply promptly...
Merci pour vos commentaires, j'essaierai d'y répondre très vite...