Monday, October 10, 2016

Redoing the hand quilting on the border / Refaisons le matelassage de la bordure

After adding a little quilting here and there on my Christmas Quilt, and sewing the binding back on, I am now working on the border. I can see that I did not put enough quilting when I made it. I need to correct this.

Après avoir ajouté quelques touches de matelassage ici et là sur mon patch de Noël, et recousu le biais de finition, je m'occupe maintenant de la bordure. Je m'aperçois que je ne l'avais pas beaucoup matelassée à l'origine. Il me faut améliorer cela.

I am adding smaller stars to complement the bigger ones 
J'ajoute donc de petites étoiles près des grosses


and to fill some blank spaces
pour combler des espaces vides


The quilting from behind
Le matelassage vu de derrière


Much better
Bien mieux 


I have been using a hoop when I can fit it properly, otherwise I put the quilt on the table, with the border hanging on the side, and use a weight above the part I am quilting to keep the border taut.

J'utilise un tambour à quilter quand il est possible de l'attacher correctement, sinon je pose le patch sur la table, avec la bordure qui retombe au bord, et je place un poids juste au-dessus de l'endroit que je matelasse pour maintenir le patch tendu.

Two more sides to do!
Encore deux côtés à faire!

Happy Quilting!
Bon Patch!





1 comment:

  1. That's just beautiful Catherine! We are lucky to have you in our quilting group! You're such an inspiration!
    Priscila :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I'll try to reply promptly...
Merci pour vos commentaires, j'essaierai d'y répondre très vite...