Saturday, January 26, 2019

How about a pieced backing? / Et si on faisait un dos piécé?

I have accumulated quite a stash of fabric. However, when it comes to the backing fabric, I seldom have a big enough piece and so often need to head to the fabric store.
For my Spring Dresden Flowers, this is the name I am going to give my quilt, I thought I could try my hand at a pieced backing. 


J'ai accumulé une belle collection de tissu, cependant quand je dois préparer le tissu arrière, j'ai rarement un coupon suffisamment grand et il me faut souvent passer au magasin.
Pour mon patch Fleurs de Dresde de Printemps, c'est le nom que je vais donner à mon patch, j'ai pensé m'essayer à un dos piécé.

I want the pieced back to be really pretty and interesting visually
I have several of the prints I have used in the flowers and background blocks
Je veux que le dos soit vraiment joli et intéressant visuellement
J'ai plusieurs morceaux des imprimés utilisés dans les fleurs et les carrés de fond


I am trying to balance the blue, yellow and green prints without wasting fabric
J'essaie d'équilibrer les bleus, jaunes et verts sans gaspiller de tissu


I think I have got it this time
Je pense que c'est bon cette fois


I like the idea of the back adding to the originality of the quilt
J'aime l'idée d'ajouter une touche d'originalité au patch en créant ce dos piécé


And it took me the better part of an afternoon to select the pieces of fabric and arrange them to keep resizing them to a minimum
Cela m'a pris presque un après-midi pour sélectionner les tissus et les disposer afin de faire très peu de recoupe

Happy Quilting!
Bon Patch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I'll try to reply promptly...
Merci pour vos commentaires, j'essaierai d'y répondre très vite...