Sunday, December 27, 2015

Simply Amish Quilt

Mission accomplished. The quilt was finished to be put under the Christmas tree on Christmas Day, and I stitched the sleeve and the label in the smal hours of that very morning! 

Mission accomplie. Le patch a été terminé à temps pour être placé au pied du sapin le jour de Noël, et j'ai cousu la manchon et l'étiquette à l'arrière le matin même!


A bright sunshine was ideal to bring out the colors of this quilt.
Un soleil magnifique idéal pour faire ressortir les couleurs de ce patch.


Very windy though...
Beaucoup de vent cependant...


All the red blocks appear through the quilt in the sunshine
Tous les blocks rouges apparaissent par transparence au soleil


My daughters and son in law proudly posing with his present
Mes filles et mon gendre posant fièrement avec son cadeau


 The next day, it was already on the wall
Le jour suivant,  il était déjà au mur 


I started this quilt in January 2014, during the weekend of quilt retreat I went on with the Dallas Quilters Guild. This has been a long journey, sometimes difficult, but the result is well worth all the hours put into it. 
You will find HERE where I found the idea, if you are tempted by this adventure.

Talking of quilt retreat, I have signed up for the next one in January. I will have to prepare some new project to take along...
In the meantime, I need to piece the kids kimono blocks...

J'ai commencé ce patch en janvier 2014, durant le weekend de retraite que j'ai fait avec la Guilde des Quilteuses de Dallas. Cela a été un long apprentissage, parfois difficile, mais le résultat démontre que toutes les heures de travail en valaient la peine.
Vous trouverez ICI ou j'en ai eu l'idée, si l'aventure vous tente.

A propos de weekend de patch, je me suis inscrite pour le prochain en janvier. Il me faudra préparer un nouveau projet à emporter...
En attendant, je dois assembler les blocs kimonos des enfants...

Happy Quilting!
Bon Patch!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I'll try to reply promptly...
Merci pour vos commentaires, j'essaierai d'y répondre très vite...