Friday, October 25, 2013

Mini Summer Basket Quilt / Mini patchwork de paniers d'été

I did prefer the blue/green checkered fabric for my border and I thing it looks great and brings out the baskets and flowery print. Of course, with 31 baskets for every day of July, I was left with a little empty block at the top.

J'ai en effet préféré utiliser le tissu à carreaux bleu/vert pour la bordure et je trouve qu'il met en valeur les paniers et l'imprimé fleuri. Bien sûr, avec 31 paniers pour chaque jour de juillet, il me restait un petit carré vide en haut.


After giving it some thought, I decided to decorate the 2" block with a little appliqué basket giving the date of this summer basket challenge. I just had a little piece of fabric in the perfect colors to match my border and the pinks in the other baskets.


Après y avoir réfléchi, j'ai décidé de décorer le carré de 2" avec un petit panier appliqué portant la date de ce projet. J'avais justement un petit morceau de tissu juste dans les couleurs de ma bordure et du rose des autres petits paniers.

Cute, isn't it?
Mignon non?


It blends in well with the rest of the quilt.
Il se marie bien avec le reste du patch.


And now the hand-quilting...
Et maintenant le matelassage à la main...


Simple diagonals.
De simples diagonales.



As to the backing fabric, I simply used a piece of linen I had from an old tablecloth since this mini patch is probably going to be placed on a piece of furniture. I did not want to waste a piece of pretty fabric. 
I now have to think about how to quilt the border.

Quant au tissu arrière, j'ai simplement utilisé un morceau de lin qui me reste d'une vieille nappe étant donné que ce mini patch décorera probablement un meuble. Je ne voulais pas gaspiller un joli tissu.
Il me reste à trouver comment je vais matelasser la bordure.

Happy Quilting!
Bon Patch!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I'll try to reply promptly...
Merci pour vos commentaires, j'essaierai d'y répondre très vite...