Monday, October 14, 2013

Log cabin town assembled!!! / Ville en log cabin assemblée!!!

I worked over the weekend, little by little, to finish assembling my rows of houses. I could only sew part of it in one stretch, for it is very tricky to adjust and it can get very frustrating when things start to go wrong, as I am sure you have experienced.

J'ai travaillé durant le weekend, petit à petit, pour terminer d'assembler mes rangées de maisons. J'ai dû travailler par épisodes, car il est vraiment difficile de bien tout ajuster et cela devient vite très irritant quand cela va mal, comme vous en avez sans doute fait l'expérience.

Only three more stretches of sewing to do...
Encore trois rangées de couture...


And now the final result!!!
Enfin le résultat final!!!


The quilt has replaced its pattern on the window blind. I know need to think about what border to put and then how to finish it. Obviously, with the pellon I used as a grid to make my log cabin blocks, the quilt is pretty stiff. I therefore only need to put a backing on it. My friends and teacher from my patchwork club will be able to advise me next Thursday. We always help each other when we are stuck.

Le patch a remplacé le patron sur le store de la fenêtre. Je dois maintenant réfléchir à la bordure que je vais coudre et à la finition. Avec le pellon quadrillé que j'ai utilisé comme guide pour mes blocs en log cabin, le patch est assez rigide. Il suffit donc que je mette un tissu arrière. Mes amies et professeur du club de patch pourront me conseiller jeudi. Nous nous entraidons toujours quand nous arrivons à une difficulté.

I obviously do not think I would have managed without the checkered pellon but it makes it difficult to assemble. Some of you who are more talented may be able to make this log cabin town without this help.

Je ne pense vraiment pas que j'aurais pu m'en sortir sans le pellon quadrillé mais cela rend le travail d'assemblage vraiment difficile. Peut-être que de plus douées peuvent réaliser cette ville en log cabin sans cette aide.

You can find instructions to make this town in my first post on this pattern. Do not hesitate to leave a comment, it encourages me in my endeavour to share my passion, tips and patterns.

Vous pouvez trouver les instructions pour réaliser cette ville dans mon premier message concernant ce modèle. N'hésitez pas à laisser un commentaire, cela m'encourage dans mon objectif de partager ma passion, mes petits trucs et mes modèles.

Happy Quilting!
Bon Patch!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on finishing up the sewing for your log cabin town. It is really wonderful, with all the different levels of houses and roofs leading the eye into many different places on your quilt.

    I think your idea of using the blinds is really great, too, and so glad you shared it (I guess that means I need to go and dust mine!).

    Elizabeth E.
    opquilt.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I'll try to reply promptly...
Merci pour vos commentaires, j'essaierai d'y répondre très vite...