Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Mini Kimono Quilt / Mini Patch de kimonos

As promised, I let my little girl sit on my lap at the sewing machine to assemble her little kimonos. With the 1/4 inch foot, it was pretty easy for her to do it, with my help of course. She did love getting the needle down then pressing the start and stop button. The automatic thread cutting button was also a favorite!

Comme promis, j'ai laissé ma petite puce s'asseoir sur mes genoux à la machine à coudre pour assembler les petits kimonos. Avec le pied de 1/4 inch, cela a été aisé pour elle, avec mon assistance bien sûr. Elle a adoré faire descendre l'aiguille puis appuyer sur le bouton départ et stop. La commande coupe fil est sa favorite!


 I have tried two different types of finishing stitches: on the pink kimonos a zigzag stitch and on the blue ones a straight stitch. I find the raw edged kimonos with the straight stitch look much better.
J'ai testé deux points différents pour terminer les appliqués: le point de zigzag pour les kimonos roses et le point droit pour les bleus. Je trouve que ces derniers rendent beaucoup mieux.


For the class project, I am going to have an inner border in a light blue with bright red setting squares in each corner of the kimono blocks. I will then put the dark blue batik I bought as the outer border. The grey fabric will go as background for the blocks.

Pour le projet de classe, je vais ajouter une bordure intérieure dans un bleu clair avec des carrés rouge vif aux quatre coins de chaque bloc. Je terminerai par la bordure extérieure avec le batik bleu foncé que j'ai acheté. Le tissu gris servira de fond pour les blocs.


I now need to select all the fabrics for the kimonos and cut the background fabric, so that everything is ready for the first session in class in two weeks.
I will have the invaluable help of my friend Lut, who has taught me how to make quilts for 6 years now. With 18 children to help, two pairs of hands will not be too many!

Je dois maintenant selectionner les tissus pour les kimonos et couper le tissu de fond, afin que tout soit prêt pour notre premier atelier en classe dans deux semaines.
J'aurai l'aide de mon amie Lut, qui m'apprend le patchwork depuis 6 ans maintenant. Avec 18 enfants à faire travailler par petits groupes, nous ne serons pas trop de deux!

Happy Quilting!
Bon Patch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I'll try to reply promptly...
Merci pour vos commentaires, j'essaierai d'y répondre très vite...