Saturday, December 9, 2017

What design to hand quilt?/ Quel motif pour le matelassage?

My basket quilt is waiting on my display ladder for me to hand quilt it and, since I have finished piecing my scrappy nine patch quilt, I thought I would finish this one quilt first.

Mon patch de paniers m'attend sur l'échelle à patchs que je mette les points de matelassage et, comme j'ai terminé mon patch de scraps, j'ai pensé qu'il était maintenant temps de terminer ce petit quilt.
Now the hardest part, I need to find what design to follow
Maintenant le plus difficile, trouver le motif que je vais suivre



For the basket blocks, I am simply following the design of the basket
Pour les blocs de paniers, je suis tout simplement le piécé de ces derniers


For the foundation blocks, I do not know what to do...
Why not reproduce these baskets?
Pour les blocks intermédiaires, je ne sais pas quoi faire...
Pourquoi ne pas reproduire ces paniers ?


The design reproduced on freezer paper will make drawing the outline much easier
Le modèle reproduit sur du papier freezer va faciliter sa reproduction sur le tissu


Ready to be ironed on the square of print
Prêt à être repassé sur le carré d'imprimé


Let's see what the effect is... 
Awful! Too busy! Too many baskets!!!
Voyons l'effet produit...
 Affreux! Trop chargé! Trop de paniers!!!


 Let's try something rounder, but still with a simple design...
Essayons un motif arrondi, mais d'un dessin simple...

  
Much better!
Beaucoup mieux!


Now let's get on with it!
Allons-y!

Happy Quilting!
Bon Patch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I'll try to reply promptly...
Merci pour vos commentaires, j'essaierai d'y répondre très vite...