Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Sweet Ginger Quilt finished! / Patch Sweet Gingers terminé!

At last I have finished the flannel quilt for my little girl. It was supposed to be for her birthday in February, or at least before the end of winter, and I actually put the last stitch on the first day of spring!
Here are the last stages of the quilt... 

J'ai enfin terminé le patch en flanelle destiné à me petite puce. Cela devait être  pour son anniversaire en février, ou tout au moins pour l'hiver et j'ai en fait mis le dernier point le premier jour du printemps!
Voici les dernières étapes du patch...

I have used red pearl cotton to hand quilt this patchwork
J'ai utilisé du coton perlé rouge pour quilter à la main ce patchwork


I kept a very simple design
J'ai conservé un dessin très simple



Before quilting the border, I laid out my quilt, ironed it again and used a running stitch to secure the border in place
Avant de matelasser la bordure, j'ai étalé le patch au sol, je l'ai repassé à nouveau puis j'ai bâti tout autour afin de maintenir le bord en place


I then attached the binding on the front, which makes it easier for me to quilt, without having to allow for the binding margin, and without the fabrics shifting during this last stage.

J'ai ensuite attaché le biais de finition sur le devant, cela rend le matelassage de la bordure plus aisé, car je n'ai pas besoin de penser à la marge pour le biais, et les épaisseurs restent bien en place pendant cette étape.


You can see her on the right hand corner that the binding is not attached to the back yet.
Vous pouvez voir ici dans l'angle droit en bas que le biais n'est pas encore cousu à l'arrière.


Done!
Fini!



And here is my little girl, very proud to show off her quilt and her favorite bunny rabbit, whom you probably know already!
Et voici ma petite fille, très fière de montrer son patch et son lapin préféré, que vous connaissez probablement déjà!



Happy Quilting!
Bon Patch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I'll try to reply promptly...
Merci pour vos commentaires, j'essaierai d'y répondre très vite...