Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Mini Thimble Quilt / Mini patch de dés à coudre

My miniature quilt is at last finished. I like it very much and hope it will attract someone's interest at the Dallas Quilt Show Mini Quilt Live Auction this weekend (March 13 to 15). The proceeds of the auction go towards buying books for children in disadvantaged circumstances.

Mon mini patch est enfin terminé. Je l'aime beaucoup et espère qu'il aura du succès à la vente aux enchères du Quilt Show de Dallas ce weekend (du 13 au 15 mars).


I had it quilted professionally and I like the little design that appears in some thimbles.
Je l'ai donné à quilter et j'aime beaucoup le petit motif qui apparaît sur certains dés à coudre.


And now my label
Et maintenant mon étiquette


For some reason it appears curved on the photo but it is not. I still do not really know how to work my camera...

Je ne sais pas pourquoi mais mon étiquette apparaît un peu arrondie mais elle ne l'est pas. En fait je ne sais toujours pas vraiment utiliser mon appareil photos...

For the first time, I am entering a quilt at the show, the sunbonnet quilt from Reiko Kato's pattern. I was encouraged to do so by being reminded of the importance of showing others what we do, even though our quilts are meant to be used and not enter competitions.

Pour la première fois, j'ai entré un patch au show de Dallas, celui des sunbonnets d'après le modèle de Reiko Kato. J'y ai été encouragée après qu'il ai été rappelé combien il est important de montrer à d'autres ce que nous faisons, même si nos patchs ne sont pas destinés aux concours.

If you are around Dallas, come to the Quilt Show!
Happy Quilting!

Si vous êtes près de Dallas, venez au Quilt Show!
Bon Patch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I'll try to reply promptly...
Merci pour vos commentaires, j'essaierai d'y répondre très vite...