Saturday, December 7, 2019

Disappearing Four Patch Quilt 

Another new baby brother in Dania's family. After Daniel, little Diego has come to join the family, and since I had offered a quilt to both the eldest, I could not leave the little one out!

Un autre petit garçon est né dans la famille de Dania. Après Daniel, le petit Diego est arrivé et , comme j'avais offert un patchwork aux deux aînés, je ne pouvais pas oublier le petit dernier.

"Origami" is the one I made for the brother
"Origami" est celui que j'ai réalisé pour le frère


I wanted softer colors for the next baby quilt.
I bought this pretty selection in blue, and yellow.
Je voulais des couleurs plus douces pour le prochain patch de garçon
J'ai acheté cette jolie sélection de tissus bleus et jaunes



I looked for something fresh, fun, and new for me, and found the Disappearing Four Patch block technique
Je recherchais un modèle frais, amusant, et nouveau pour moi, et je suis tombée sur la technique du bloc Disappearing Four Patch

I started with 6" squares
J'ai commencé avec des carrés de 6 inches




A pretty white print with a geometric design was the perfect complimentary square
Un joli imprimé blanc avec un dessein géométrique pour les autres carrés


My four patch is now assembled and ready to be cut
Mon bloc est maintenant piécé et prêt à être découpé


I cut at 1 1/2 from the center of the block
Taking extra care not to move any of the pieces until the four cuts were made 
J'ai découpé à 1 inch 1/2 du centre du bloc
Faisant très attention de ne rien déplacer avant que les quatre coupes ne soient faites


My daugther is helping me desmonstrate the technique of constructing the block,
 switching the big blue squares with the white ones
Ma fille m'aide à montrer la technique de construction du bloc,
 inversant les deux carrés bleus avec les blancs



Then turning 1/4 of a turn the little four patch in the center
Puis pivotant le petit four patch du centre d'1/4 de tour


That's it, really easy!
Et voilà, si facile!


The first disappearing four patch block is sewn!
Le premier bloc disappearing four patch est assemblé!



It is going to be so much fun making this quilt!
Cela va être tellement amusant de réaliser ce patch!

Happy Quilting!
Bon Patch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I'll try to reply promptly...
Merci pour vos commentaires, j'essaierai d'y répondre très vite...