Tuesday, May 2, 2017

 Hand quilting Montmorency / Matelassage de Montmorency

I have taken up my quilting hoop again, which I had left aside for a while. I like the variety of tasks in the process of quilt-making and I like to switch from one project to another. Having "several irons in the fire" enable me to change activity when I have had enough with a particular one.

J'ai repris mon tambour à quilter. Je l'avais mis de côté quelque temps. J'aime la variété des tâches dans la fabrication d'un patchwork et j'aime particulièrement passer d'un projet à un autre. "Avoir plusieurs casseroles sur le feu" me permet de changer d'activité quand l'une commence à me lasser.

For the first border, I have simply followed the triangles of the sawtooth border at 1/4"
Pour la première bordure, j'ai simplement suivi les triangles en dents de scie à 1/4"



I have used the same beige glace thread as in the center
J'ai utilisé le même fil glacé beige que pour le centre




For the second border, I have chosen the rounded shapes of hearts
Pour la deuxième bordure, j'ai choisi les arrondis de coeurs


It took me a while to figure out their placement so that the sides would be symmetrical
Cela m'a pris un moment pour trouver leur emplacement afin que les côtés soient symétriques


At last, they are all traced!
Enfin, ils sont tous tracés


I am using navy blue quilting thread, for the beige would be lost in this checkered fabric
Cette fois je prends du fil à matelasser bleu marine, car le beige serait invisible sur ce tissu à touts petits carreaux



Happy Quilting!
Bon Patch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I'll try to reply promptly...
Merci pour vos commentaires, j'essaierai d'y répondre très vite...