Friday, December 19, 2014

Last Sandinavian Heart / Dernier coeur scandinave 

Yesterday I put the last stitch to the fourth scandinavian heart. I am aware my embroidery work was particularly slow for this project as I took pain for my stitches to be similar in all 4 hearts.

Hier, j'ai mis le dernier point de broderie au quatrième et dernier coeur scandinave. Mon travail de broderie a été particulièrement long pour ce projet car je me suis appliquée à ce que les 4 coeurs aient des points similaires.


I came across some quinces at the supermarket and could not resist making some jam. The  perfume of the quinces cooking on the hob is a fond memory of my childhood and I wanted to experience it again.

Je suis tombée sur un arrivage de coings au supermarché et je n'ai pu résisté à l'envie d'en faire de la gelée. Le parfum des coings cuisant sur le gaz est un des chers souvenir de mon enfance et je voulais en retrouver l'odeur.


My treasured jam cookbook
Mon livre référence de confitures


The recipe
La recette


Now in English:
Wash and cut the quinces without pealing them


Add water to just below the top of the fruit.


Bring to a boil, simmer for 15 minutes and let it sit for at least one hour.


Filter the juice


 Add the juice of 1 lemon and weigh. You need 80g sugar for each 100g juice.


Bring to a boil and allow 1 mn of boiling for each 100 g of juice.


Here are the cooked quinces which I am going to use to make some puree and an almond quince pie.
Voici les coings cuits que je vais utiliser pour faire de la compote et une tourte aux coings et amandes.


These quinces make a honeyed color jam whereas the ones we use back home give a rusty color to the jam and their flavor is stronger.

Ces coings donnent une gelée couleur de miel alors que ceux que nous avons dans ma région natale donnent une gelée couleur ambrée beaucoup plus goûteuse.

Today we are going to fetch our Christmas Tree from a farm east of Dallas. It is going to be a fun outing for the children and quite an expedition!
In case I do not have the time to post in the next few days, I wish you all a very happy festive season!

Aujourd'hui nous allons chercher notre sapin de Noël dans une ferme à l'est de Dallas. Ce sera une sortie sympa pour les enfants et presque une expédition!
Au cas où je n'aie pas le temps d'ajouter un message dans les prochains jours, je vous souhaite à tous de très joyeuses fêtes.

Happy Quilting!
Bon Patch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I'll try to reply promptly...
Merci pour vos commentaires, j'essaierai d'y répondre très vite...