Sunday, June 23, 2013

My first Civil War Quilt Blocks / Mes premiers blocs Civil War Quilt


At last, I have finished piecing my first blocks for Guute Civil War Quilt. Here they are and I am very happy with the result.

J'ai enfin terminé de piécer mes premiers blocs du Patchwork Guerre Civile de Guute. Les voici et je suis très contente du résultat.



I must tell you I did not follow my original idea of piecing solely by machine. To assemble my 5 rows constituting each block, I sewed by hand for I did not think I could pull it off by machine. It took me longer of course but the result is perfection.
I will therefore mostly piece by machine and resort to hand piecing when I feel it is necessary to get the best result.

Je dois vous dire cependant que je n'ai pas suivi mon idée de départ de piécer ces blocs complètement à la machine. Pour assembler les 5 rangées qui constituent chacun de ces blocs, j'ai cousu à la main car je ne pensais pas y parvenir à la machine. Cela m'a évidemment pris plus de temps mais le résultat est parfait.
Je vais donc piécer essentiellement à la machine et coudre à la main lorsque cela me semblera nécessaire pour obtenir le meilleur résultat.



I will leave this project aside for now as I wish to work on it over the course of one year, since the designer of this pattern originally intended it as a BOM, and I DO want to work on so many other projects!

Je vais maintenant mettre ce projet de côté car je désire me donner une année pour réaliser ce patchwork, puisque la créatrice de ce modèle l'avait offert comme BOM, et je VEUX réaliser tant d'autres projets!


Happy Quilting!
Bon Patch!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I'll try to reply promptly...
Merci pour vos commentaires, j'essaierai d'y répondre très vite...