Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Quilting away and sewing furiously! / Matelassage et couture effrénés!

My husband is travelling to France this weekend and so I am trying to get our son's flannel lap quilt finished so he can take it along with him in his luggage. I would like our oldest to find it when he gets back from Africa in October. The nights will be chillier in Lorraine then and he will be able to enjoy it.
I therefore have finished quilting it and am now sewing the binding.

Mon mari part en France ce weekend et je travaille donc à terminer le plaid en flanelle de notre fils afin qu'il l'emporte avec lui dans ses bagages. J'aimerais que notre aîné le trouve quand il rentrera d'Afrique en octobre. Les nuits seront alors plus fraîches en Lorraine et il sera donc content de s'en servir.
J'ai donc terminé le matelassage  et suis en train de coudre le biais de finition.

I have kept the quilting simple to match the pattern of this quilt
J'ai préféré un matelassage simple qui s'accorde avec le modèle de ce patch


I simply hand quilted two lines on the outer border
J'ai simplement quilté à la main deux lignes sur la bordure extérieure


I have also been working on block 4 of Reiko Kato's mystery quilt. As I received the magazine while I was away on holidays, I am a bit behind schedule...

Je travaille aussi sur le bloc 4 du quilt mystère de Reiko Kato. J'ai reçu le magazine durant mes vacances en France, je suis donc un peu en retard sur le calendrier...

Here are the first three little sunbonnets
Voici les trois premiers petits sunbonnets



Another one has his feet dangling in the air
Un autre a les pieds suspendus en l'air


As usual, I am using my scrap fabric and am keeping to a more traditional setting.
Tomorrow is Patch Club Day. A day to share, joke and have a good time!

Comme pour les autres blocs, j'utilise mes restes de tissu et je conserve un montage plus traditionnel.
Demain, c'est le jour du Club de Patch. L'occasion de partager, de plaisanter et de passer un bon moment!

Happy Sewing!
Bonne couture!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I'll try to reply promptly...
Merci pour vos commentaires, j'essaierai d'y répondre très vite...