Friday, July 18, 2014

From Deauville To Cape Cod Quilt / De Deauville à Cape Cod

After spending so much time quilting, I needed something different to relax and get me in the holiday mood. What better choice than doing a little appliqué and stitching with Roxane's latest block of the month aptly named From Deauville to Cape Cod.

Après tant d'heures passées à quilter, j'avais besoin de changer de tâche et de me relaxer un peu, avec de l'appliqué et de la broderie, pour me mettre dans l'atmosphère des vacances. Mon choix s'est tout naturellement porté sur le dernier  bloc du mois de Roxane au nom évocateur de De Deauville à Cape Cod. 

Here is my latest finished block
Voici donc mon dernier bloc en date




And here are the ones I have completed so far
Et voici ceux que j'ai réalisés à ce jour


Here is now a beautiful box I found in a store in Dallas and I find the idea fabulous!

Voici une boîte magnifique que j'ai trouvée dans un magasin à Dallas et je trouve l'idée fabuleuse!


The pieces of fabric are covered in decorative running stitches
Les morceaux de tissu sont couverts de point avant décoratif


I use this box to keep all my pieces of fabric for my current  project
J'utilise cette boîte  pour mettre les tissus pour mon projet en cours 


I think this patchwork box is a great idea to make something very personal and useful with our scraps.

Je trouve que cette boîte en patchwork est une superbe idée pour réaliser un objet personnel et utile avec nos chutes de tissus.


Happy Quilting!
Bon Patch!

1 comment:

  1. Do you know how I can get the pattern? I do not speak read or write French. I really love this quilt and would love the pattern!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I'll try to reply promptly...
Merci pour vos commentaires, j'essaierai d'y répondre très vite...