Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Preparing for hand quilting / Préparation pour le matelassage

I have added a dark blue border to my Lone Starbust Quilt top and have found a pretty quilting pattern to break the geometry of the quilt a bit.

J'ai ajouté une bordure bleu marine à mon patch Lone Starbust et j'ai trouvé un joli motif de matelassage qui cassera un peu la géométrie du piécé.


Here it is. It took me hours to draw the pattern over the whole top.
Le voici. Cela m'a pris des heures pour dessiner les motifs sur tout le patch.


I enlarged the pattern for some of the blocks
J'ai agrandi le motif pour certains blocs.


Now it is ready and awaits my nimble fingers!!!
Maintenant "le sandwich" est prêt et n'attend plus que mes doigts agiles!!!


It is going to have to wait a little though since it is a patriotic quilt and the 4th of July is a long way away!
In the meantime, I need to finish the flannel quilt for my husband it he is to make use of it this winter.

Le matelassage va devoir attendre un peu  cependant. C'est un quilt aux couleurs du drapeau américain et le 4 juillet est bien loin de nous! En attendant, je dois finir le quilt en flanelle de mon mari s'il veut pouvoir en profiter cet hiver.

Happy Quilting!
Bon patch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I'll try to reply promptly...
Merci pour vos commentaires, j'essaierai d'y répondre très vite...