Monday, September 4, 2017

Let's try something really insane... / Essayons quelque chose de complètement fou...

During  my meanderings among quilters blogs, I have a few time come across the Nearly Insane quilt and, after much mental questioning, I have decided to give it a go, with a much more modest quilt in mind though.
Durant mes pérégrinations parmi les monde des blogs de patch, je suis souvent tombée sur le modèle appelé Nearly Insane et après bien des hésitations et questionnements, j'ai décidé de me laisser tenter par l'aventure, mais avec un projet bien plus modeste.

I particularly like the red and white versions of it
J'aime tout particulièrement les versions en rouge et blanc



 However, I do not like the original setting, besides, let's be honest the 98 block project is pretty daunting, so I am thinking of making either 36 or 49 blocks, and I will thus chose the ones I find are within my reach.
Cependant, je n'aime pas le montage d'origine, et d'ailleurs, pour être tout à fait franche, ce projet de 98 blocs et plutôt intimidant. Je pense plutôt à réaliser 36 ou 49 blocs, ainsi je pourrai choisir ceux que je juge à ma portée.

I very much like this one made by Hanne
J'aime par exemple beaucoup celui-ci réalisé par Hanne


First things first: the book
Commençons par le commencement: le livre


The fabric collection Miss Scarlet to which I will add a few other solid reds and cream
La collection de tissus Miss Scarlet à laquelle je vais ajouter quelques rouges unis et crèmes


My first block
Mon premier bloc


Until here, I pieced by hand, painstakingly slowly...
Jusqu'ici j'ai piécé à la main, d'une lenteur laborieuse...


Almost there... 
J'y suis presque...


The difficulty is making sure I end up with a 6 /2 inch block
La difficulté résidant dans l'obtention d'un bloc de 6 1/2 


Objective Reached!
Mission Accomplie!

This was my trial block to see if I was capable of embarking upon this enterprise...
Ceci était mon bloc test pour vérifier si j'étais capable de me lancer dans cette aventure...

Happy Quilting!
Bon Patch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I'll try to reply promptly...
Merci pour vos commentaires, j'essaierai d'y répondre très vite...