Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Saint Germain orange peels stage two / Deuxième étape peaux d'oranges Saint Germain

Did I tell you I actually saw this beautiful applique quilt a few years ago? A bed turning of Minnick and Simpson's quilts was organized in a quilt shop and I attended.
Believe me, the Saint Germain quilt is even more beautiful in reality than in photo. When I saw it, I knew I would have to make it some day...

Vous ai-je dit que j'ai en fait vu ce patch d'appliqués il y a quelques années? Un magasin de tissus de patch organisait une exposition des patchs de Minnick et Simpson et j'y suis allée.
Croyez moi, ce quilt Saint Germain est encore plus beau en réel qu'en photo. Quand je l'ai vu, j'ai su qu'un jour je me lancerais... 

I now have to do the two long sides of orange peels
Je dois maintenant prépare les deux grands côtés de peaux d'oranges



Tracing accurately is paramount
Tracer précisemment est crucial


The intersection of the diagonals help me space the appliques
L'intersection des diagonales m'aide à espacer les appliqués


I need 96 orange peels for the two borders
Il me faut 96 peaux d'oranges pour les deux bordures


I have 72 for now
J'en ai 72 pour l'instant


Enough to work on one border
Suffisamment pour travailler sur une bordure


Placing the new orange peels to balance the prints with the other short borders
Je positionne les peaux d'oranges pour équilibrer les imprimés avec les autres bordures


This photo will serve as my guide during the process of appliqueing
Cette photo me servira de guide durant le travail de couture des appliqués

Happy Quilting!
Bon Patch!

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment, I'll try to reply promptly...
Merci pour vos commentaires, j'essaierai d'y répondre très vite...