Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Let's find a project for those Dutch Chintz / A la recherche d'un patron pour ces chintz hollandais

Remember this diamond quilt I made years ago with Dutch Chintz purchased at the Houston Quilt Show?
Vous vous rappelez ce patch de losanges en chintz hollandais, que j'avais achetés au Quilt Show de Houston?




I have preciously kept the strips I had not used then with all the scraps from this quilt
J'ai conservé précieusement les bandes non utilisées et toutes les chutes de ce patch


I want to find a project that will bring out the beauty of these chintz
I have had this quilt by Kim Diehl in the back of my mind for years...
From her book Simple Traditions

Je veux un projet qui mettra en valeur la beauté de ces tissus
J'ai en tête ce patch de Kim Diehl depuis des années...
Tiré de son livre Simple Traditions


I want to keep the blue chintz for another project, so I am going to use this bright green chintz instead
Green is a color I seldom use and so it is a bit of a challenge for me

Je veux garder mes bandes de chintz bleues pour un autre projet, je vais donc utiliser ce chintz vert vif
J'utilise rarement du vert dans mes patchs, c'est donc un peu un défi pour moi


I will have the burgundy print for the inner basket points
I do not have enough of the bright red orange print
Je vais prendre l'imprimé bordeaux pour les pointes des paniers intérieures
Je n'ai pas suffisamment de l'imprimé rouge orange


For the outer basket points, I am not sure... one of these two fabrics
Pour les pointes extérieures, je ne suis pas sûre... ce sera l'un de ces deux tissus


Beginning to piece
Commençons l'assemblage


The advantage of using these chintz for this project is that the fabric is a bit stiff and therefore does not stretch as regular cotton can when working with triangles.
As long as I am very careful with my margin and piecing, I should have no distortions.
Now to the basket points...

L'avantage d'utiliser du chintz pour ce projet est que le tissu est un peu raide et ne s'étire pas comme le coton, notamment quand on travaille avec des triangles.
Tant que je suis très méticuleuse avec ma marge de couture et le piéçage, je ne devrais pas avoir de distortion.
Passons maintenant aux pointes des paniers...


Thank you for your visit
Happy Quilting!

Merci pour votre visite
Bon Patch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I'll try to reply promptly...
Merci pour vos commentaires, j'essaierai d'y répondre très vite...