Sunday, August 30, 2015

Piecing revealing the beauty of the block / L'assemblage révélant la beauté du bloc

What I like about these last blocks I am working on is that, since I am changing some colors to the original design, it is only when the pieces of fabric are assembled that I can see how it sets off the center star.

Ce que j'aime dans la réalisation de ces deux derniers blocs est que, étant donné que je change certaines couleurs par rapport au modèle, c'est seulement quand les pièces de tissu sont assemblées que je vois comment les tissus font ressortir l'étoile centrale.

Here I have chosen this pretty subdued mustardy print
Ici j'ai choisi cet imprimé couleur moutarde un peu terne


And then a brighter mustard yellow with some red flowers in it to set off the block
Puis un jaune moutarde plus vif avec des fleurs rouges pour faire ressortir le bloc


I am excited to be nearing the end of piecing the blocks of this Civil War Quilt!

J'ai maintenant hâte d'arriver à la fin de l'assemblage des blocs de ce patch Guerre Civile!

Happy Quilting!
Bon Patch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I'll try to reply promptly...
Merci pour vos commentaires, j'essaierai d'y répondre très vite...