Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Sweet Gingers Quilt / Patch Sweet Gingers

This Sweet Gingers quilt requires more work than I had expected!!! I believe I had underestimated the embroidery stage...

Ce patch Sweet Gingers prend beaucoup plus de temps que je ne l'escomptais!!! Je crois bien avoir sous estimé le travail de broderie...

I have managed to frame each heart block
J'ai tout de même réussi à encadrer chaque bloc coeur


Then I dressed the little gingerbread men
Ensuite j'ai habillé les petits bonhommes en pain d'épices

 

I blanket stitched all around in brown
J'ai fait un point de feston tout autour en brun



In white for the brown gingerbread men
En blanc pour les bonhommes marron


And now I need to do the same around each piece of red flannel
Et maintenant je dois faire de même tout autour de chaque pièce de flanelle rouge


I use two threads of embroidery floss. It shows, but not too much, and it slides easily through the flannel.
These little pieces of red flannel are going to take me ages...

J'utilise deux brins de mouliné. Cela ressort suffisamment et le coton glisse aisément à travers la flanelle. 
Ces petits morceaux de flanelle rouge vont me prendre un temps fou...

Before I let you go, I would like to share with you the blog of a very creative quilt maker from Finland. Her name is Ulla and I invite you to visit her blog. Everything she makes is beautiful and shows her natural talent and creativity. I particularly like her use of YoYos in this Santa Claus decoration...

Avant de vous quitter, j'aimerais partager avec vous le blog d'une quilteuse finlandaise vraiment très créative. Elle s'appelle Ulla et je vous invite à visiter son blog. Tout ce qu'elle fait est magnifique et démontre son talent naturel et sa créativité. J'aime beaucoup l'usilisation qu'elle fait des YoYos dans sa décoration de Père Noël...



And in this cute little angel
Et pour ce joli petit ange


AND she generously shares her patterns!!! To visit her blog click Here.

ET EN PLUS elle partage généreusement ses patrons!!! Pour visiter son blog cliquez Ici.

Happy Quilting!
Bon Patch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I'll try to reply promptly...
Merci pour vos commentaires, j'essaierai d'y répondre très vite...