Tuesday, February 24, 2015


Some sewing, some quilting / De la couture, du matelassage

Our little girl turned 5 this month and when asked what she wanted, she said she wanted a sleeping bag for her Peter rabbit. So I made this little pink and blue one with a little pillow. It took me more time to think about the different stages of its realization than to actually sew it!


Notre petit puce a eu 5 ans ce mois-ci et quand je lui ai demandé ce qu'elle voulait comme cadeau, elle m'a dit qu'elle voulait un sac de couchage pour son lapin. J'ai donc fait ce petit sac de couchage rose et bleu avec un petit oreiller intégré. Cela m'a pris plus de temps pour réfléchir à sa réalisation que pour le coudre!



If you remember, for her 3rd birthday I made her this pillow with an appliqué of her rabbit.

Si vous vous souvenez, pour ses 3 ans je lui ai fait ce coussin avec son lapin en appliqué.




I am still working on hand quilting my Scandinavian Heart Quilt. It is relaxing but it does take a long time and I need to apply myself to have a regular time set for this task, if I want to see the end of it!

Je continue à quilter à la main mon patch Coeurs Scandinaves. C'est très relaxant mais cela prend beaucoup de temps et il me faut vraiment établir un horaire de travail régulier pour cette tâche, si je veux en voir la fin!

I am quilting simple straight lines on the strips around the central block.
Je matelasse avec de simple lignes les bandes encadrant le bloc central.


On the back you can see better the hand quilting and how much I have done.
Au dos on voit mieux le travail de matelassage et le travail accompli.


I am, at the same time, trying to finish piecing the Sweet Gingers flannel quilt. More about that later...

En même temps, je travaille à terminer le piécé du patch en flanelle Sweet Gingers. A suivre...

Happy Quilting!
Bon Patch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I'll try to reply promptly...
Merci pour vos commentaires, j'essaierai d'y répondre très vite...