Sunday, June 9, 2013

My Civil War Quilt / Mon Patchwork Civil War



I have decided to start the Civil War Quilt, BOM 2010 by Guute, for which I gave you the link to the pattern in earlier posts. Since it was a block of the month,  I am going to work on this quilt over a year so as to keep well focused for the piecing and not tire of it.     
With the hope of getting an accurate machine piecing, I am taking great care tracing the seam allowance and cutting my shapes. We'll see...

J'ai décidé de commencer mon patchwork de la guerre civile, BOM 2010 de Guute, pour lequel je vous ai donné le lien dans un message précédent. Etant donné que c'était un bloc du mois, j'ai l'intention de le réaliser sur une année afin de rester bien concentrée sur le piécé et de ne pas m'en lasser.
J'ai l'ambition d'obtenir un piécé précis à la machine, et pour cela je m'applique à tracer précisemment mes marges de couture et à couper mes pièces. Nous verrons...


My reproduction fabrics... / Mes tissus de reproduction...

blue / bleus                                                                                                beige / beiges   

                                    
                       


brown / marron                                                                                         red / rouges
                                                                                                                                                                              

and my first block / et mon premier bloc


I am not going to do much quilting this weekend as I am going to spend the weekend in the state capital, Austin. Nevertheless, I will be admiring quilts at the Texas Quilt Museum in La Grange. I'll bring back some photos...

Je ne vais pas faire beaucoup de couture ce weekend  car je vais passer le weekend dans la capitale du Texas, Austin. Néanmoins,  je vais aller admirer des patchworks au Musée du Quilt du Texas dans la petite ville de La Grange. Je rapporterai quelques photos...

I wish you a sunny quilting weekend!
Je vous souhaite un weekend de patch ensoleillé!




1 comment:

  1. Hello, Catherine! I see this post was from 2013, so I hope you are still affiliated with your blog. I am from Texas, too, and live in San Antonio. I found a picture of this quilt on Pinterest and am in love with it and the reproduction fabrics used in it. I looked for it online, but your blog is the only one in English I could find. :) I am very interested in obtaining this quilt pattern and fabrics. Could you please give me information as to where you bought yours? My dad does beautiful woodworking and built himself a set of bedroom furniture that is a reproduction of the Sheraton design from the civil war. I'd love to make this for him.

    I sincerely appreciate any information you could give me about finding and purchasing this.

    Thank you in advance,
    Sandy

    hurricanetexas@bellsouth.net
    Cell (210) 414-6836

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I'll try to reply promptly...
Merci pour vos commentaires, j'essaierai d'y répondre très vite...