Sunday, February 10, 2013

While I am trying to make headway with my quilt by Tula Pink I would like to show you my first quilt with applique.

En attendant que j'avance un peu sur mon patch de Tula Pink j'aimerais vous montrer mon premier patchwork avec appliqués.


I made it 3 years ago to decorate my little girl's bedroom and I actually painted her bedroom to match the quilt's colors!!!

Je l'ai fait il y a 3 ans pour décorer la chambre de ma petite fille et je suis même allée jusqu'à peindre sa chambre dans des couleurs assorties!!!!




I started with patterns for sunbonnets meant to be embroidered. I simplified them; for they were a lot more detailed for embroidery, and did the applique by machine on backgrounds of 11 1/2 inches by 13 inches (finished).

J'ai commencé par des patrons de sunbonnets prévus pour des broderies. Je les ai simplifiés, car ils étaient très détaillés, et les ai appliqués sur des fonds de 30 cm par 33 cm.










As I was just beginning with quilting I did not have much fabric, not like lately...
I only had an assortment of fat quarters and of course bought the fabric for the background, borders and framing. But what really brought this quilt to life and made it pretty was a charm pack I had bought with lots of prints in pastel colors.
I put those fabrics in the flying geese border.

Je débutais dans le patchwork et n'avait donc que très peu de tissus, alors que maintenant...
J'avais un assortiment de fat quarters et j'ai bien sûr acheté les tissus pour le fond, les bordures et l'encadrement, mais ce qui a vraiment égayé  et embelli ce patchwork est un petit charm pack d'imprimés pastels que j'avais acheté.
J'ai utilisé ces tissus dans la bordure piécée en triangles. 










I quilted it by hand, my first experience with hand-quilting. Even though it is not perfect, it holds a special place in my collection.
For the outer border, I chose a pretty fabric with hearts and quilted hearts into it.

Je l'ai quilté à la main, mon premier essai dans cette exercice de patience . Bien que ce ne soit pas parfait, ce quilt tient une place particulière dans ma collection. 
Pour la bordure extérieure, j'ai choisi un joli tissu avec des coeurs et j'y ai aussi quilté des coeurs.



 Until my next post, happy quilting!
En attendant mon prochain message, bonne couture!




1 comment:

Thank you for your comment, I'll try to reply promptly...
Merci pour vos commentaires, j'essaierai d'y répondre très vite...